Show your community pride by joining us for Spring Community Clean-Up on May 24th.
With spring finally here, it's time to pitch in and clean our neighborhood.
Working together we can keep Fort McMurray clean, green and look even better!
We are provided with an opportunity to serve the community. Please join in the Community Clean up drive at Lakewood(Timberlea). Details as follows:
When: 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM on Saturday, 24th May, 2014.
Location: Lakewood area, Timberlea
Meeting Location: Fountain Park on Lougheed Road at 9.50AM
For volunteer registration & more information, please contact executive committee or alternately email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students joining this drive will be provided with a volunteer commitment certificate.
To celebrate the success of the event we will have pizza at the end.
Tips For Conducting a Safe Clean Up
- Visit your site and assess it for possible hazards. What can you do to minimize any dangers?
- Wear gloves during your clean up.
- Youth under 18 must wear safety goggles when using the graffiti removing wipes.
- Do not pick up any dangerous items including broken glass and discarded needles.
- Volunteers are discouraged from cleaning along all highways.
- Be very careful around parked cars and driveways.
- Wash hands thoroughly when completed.
PLEASE RESPOND AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.